Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Caroline Munro Archive: Manikin Cigars Calendar

by John Scoleri

I'm back again with yet another rarity from my Caroline Munro collection, a continuing series here on bare•bones. As we're celebrating Caroline's Birthday this week (January 16th), we'll consider this a special Birthday installment!


One of the many ad campaigns Caroline Munro worked on in the early 70s was for Manikin Cigars. My friend and fellow collector Holger Haase was the first to upload a copy of the Manikin Cigar commercial 10 years ago, and since then a slightly longer, higher quality version has surfaced:


Most fans know that Caroline appeared in several Lamb's Navy Rum calendars throughout her 10-year tenure with the brand, but until recently, I was unaware that she also made an appearance on a calendar for Manikin Cigars (circa 1970-71). I was pleased to add this particular rarity to my collection, as it contains three great images of Caroline tied to the commercial shoot above.




Fans may also recognize this shoot as the source of two unauthorized topless photos of Caroline that have been circulating for many years (after first appearing in Japanese publications). Out of respect for Caroline, you won't find those here, but I assume her devout fans are already be familiar with the images in question.

If you have any information about further Manikin campaigns featuring Caroline (be it print, commercial or calendars), please leave a comment below!

Watch for more Caroline Munro rarities here on bare•bones, and be sure to check out the prior entries in this series!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing! Thanks for post :)

Anonymous said...

She also did the "horse" Manikin Ted Bates TV commercial, listed at on the BFI site (and a snippet here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFJhpvuPoQ4) but no video sources it would appear

Anonymous said...

I have two of the original calendars

Unknown said...

Hi
I have a boxed unused Caroline Munro manikin calendar for sale

John Scoleri said...

I might be interested - you can contact me at resrvordog - a t - earthlink - d o t - net